The 143rd Kentucky Derby is May 6th at Churchill Downs in Kentucky and a 70% chance of rain is in the forecast. Finding a good mudder in this group of 20 is nearly impossible. We thank Mike Battaglia, the odds maker at Churchill Downs, for giving us a morning line favorite at 4-1, Classic Empire, but come race day his odds will plummet from that enticing 4-1.
Mudders with potential:
TNA Marvel Toys Masked Fury Sting WWE WCW NWA UnopenedClassic Empire (4-1): Broke his maiden on a wet surface at Churchill Downs in 2016. Veteran rider Julien Leparoux has been aboard for all of Classic Empire’s starts.
Tapwrit (20-1): Also broke his maiden over a wet surface. My concern with Tapwrit is that his head is not in the game. He’s worth at look in a superfecta at this price and on Derby Day.
Transformers - Fansproject - LER02 CubrarGashapon serie Sampei Sanpei Ragazzo pescatore Yujin set 6 pz Anime Figure JapanGormley (15-1): Also has a win on a wet surface in California, but a wet surface in Southern California is very different than a wet surface in Kentucky. The only advantage for Gormley is his veteran jockey, Victor Espinoza. Gormley races well in California but the ship to Kentucky is a mystery.
Battle of Midway (30-1): Another California shipper who broke his maiden on a wet Santa Anita surface. Finished second behind Gormley in the Santa Anita Derby, has always been in the money in all of his four races. In a very scattered Derby, this horse deserves a look, especially at this price.
The Real Deals:
Classic Empire has been on my radar (and everyone else’s) WWF Hasbro Bret Hit Man Hart US Red card WWE Figuresince he won the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile. He’s kind of a sassy horse. He’s been known to train when he feels like it, but certainly shows up for the race. With his veteran jockey, consistent money finishes on his resume, and can run on a wet surface, Classic Empire lands on the top of my list. Besides all that, he’s American Pharaoh’s little brother. So the pedigree is perfect.
Wwe Legends Series 4 Ultimate Warrior FigureSet of 4 WWE wrestling figures inc. Randy Orton, HHH & entrance way accessories
McCracken (5-1): McCracken finished third in his last race behind Practical Joke and Irap in the Bluegrass, but again, he didn’t need to win because he was already in with his win in the Sam F. Davis Stakes. Until the Bluegrass, McCracken was undefeated, and veteran jockey Brian Hernandez, Jr. has been with him from the first race.WWE ELITE COLLECTION BATISTA FIGURE SERIES 30 MATTEL NEW SEALED
Filling out the Superfecta:
Always Dreaming (5-1): Three wins in a row for Always Dreaming since veteran jock Johnny Velazquez took over, but only one graded stakes win, the Florida Derby, which he needed to get to Churchill Downs. A veteran rider, but little graded stakes experience and no races on a wet track. However, he’s been training well at Churchill and has put in some impressive bullet works since he arrived.
Wwe wrestling figures good condition job or can post if separeWWE Elite Series The Miz & Mizdow Figures Brand New BoxedWWE Elite Series The Boogeyman Figure Brand New Boxed
Thunder Snow (20-1):Transformers Voyager Class MEGATRON The Last Knight Turbo Changer Action Figure This is the European entry. Entering the gates as a multiple graded stakes winner in Europe with extremely impressing speed figures, but has no American racing experience and has ran most of his races at sprint distances. The check mark on this horse goes to the connections and that the fields in Europe are bigger than they are here. The UAE Derby, which Thunder Snow won, had 15 entries. He will not be shy of the 20 in the gate.
State of Honor (30-1): I wanted to make this horse my superfecta filler, but he has one knock: His jockey, Jose Lezcano. Julien Leparoux has been on State of Honor for his last four races, which were stakes races, and in which State of Honor finished on the board all four times. But, Leparoux is also the jockey for Classic Empire. (What a choice?) This Mark Casse trainee gets a definite look and will be taking superfecta money come post time.
Practical Joke (20-1) was doing fine until he got into races with the other Derby contenders then he couldn’t seem to get around Gunnevera, Classic Empire or Irap. He has no wet surface races, doesn’t like the distance or the crowds.
- 25mm medieval saracen - horse archers 8 figures - cav (29532)
- 4-n-1 FPV ESC, BLHeli Torrent 110 FPV - Z-BLH04008
- Qq 60920 SCX FORD FOCUS LONDON TOY FAIR 2002 BACHMANN L.E. SCALEXTRIC SPAIN
- 9F13 HD Cameras Accelerometer Speed Adjustable 4CH 6-Axis Gyro 720P Drone
- Alpha Vintage Electronic Stereo Headphone SDH-7DV . Made in Japan
- Autobot Blades - Transformers Universe Classics - Voyager - New MISB
- Ganghood 1 6 Asian Muscular Man Body 12'' Male Action Figure G002 Collection Toy
- Marvel Secret Wars; Spider-man. Lot
- AVIATION 72 AV7241004 - 1 72 SAAB DRAKEN J35 13-10 SWEDISH AIR FORCE
- CORGI BIRNEY SAFETY CAR STEINWAY LINES NEW YORK US55202 MIB 1 48
- Lego City Train Power Functions 9V 60051 60052 10254 BRAND NEW
- Jakks Pacific Team Xtreme Extreme Hardy Boys Boyz Lita, Hulk Hogan Still Rules
- Mike French Models Tinytroopers - 65mm - Bounty Hunter - For A Few More..
- Worlds Finest Collection Exclusive - The Flash 6 inch Vinyl Figure
- Paul Harris Presents Street Thief (British Pound - blueE) by & Paul Harris - Tric
- Eduard 1 72 Supermarine Spitfire Mk.IX - Nasi se vraceji Limited Edition K2120
- Ninco Audi A4, 50138, ABT
- Team Orion LCG Shorty 4000-120C-7.6V Ultimate Graphene HV 2S LiPo ORI14502
- Leapfrog leappad ultimate games bundle of 9 games