The 143rd Kentucky Derby is May 6th at Churchill Downs in Kentucky and a 70% chance of rain is in the forecast. Finding a good mudder in this group of 20 is nearly impossible. We thank Mike Battaglia, the odds maker at Churchill Downs, for giving us a morning line favorite at 4-1, Classic Empire, but come race day his odds will plummet from that enticing 4-1.
Mudders with potential:
SUICIDE SQUAD PROP REPLICA HARLEY QUINN GOOD NIGHT BAT 80 CM NOBLE COLLECTIONClassic Empire (4-1): Broke his maiden on a wet surface at Churchill Downs in 2016. Veteran rider Julien Leparoux has been aboard for all of Classic Empire’s starts.
Tapwrit (20-1): Also broke his maiden over a wet surface. My concern with Tapwrit is that his head is not in the game. He’s worth at look in a superfecta at this price and on Derby Day.
Storm Mohawk Battle Blasters X-Men Dark Phoenix Supernova 2018 MovieSecret Wars Doom Roller Figure Vehicle Factory Sealed Clean Mattel Vintage 1984Gormley (15-1): Also has a win on a wet surface in California, but a wet surface in Southern California is very different than a wet surface in Kentucky. The only advantage for Gormley is his veteran jockey, Victor Espinoza. Gormley races well in California but the ship to Kentucky is a mystery.
Battle of Midway (30-1): Another California shipper who broke his maiden on a wet Santa Anita surface. Finished second behind Gormley in the Santa Anita Derby, has always been in the money in all of his four races. In a very scattered Derby, this horse deserves a look, especially at this price.
The Real Deals:
Classic Empire has been on my radar (and everyone else’s) New Captain Marvel Select Action Figure Genis-Vell Variant Avengers Infinity Warsince he won the Breeders’ Cup Juvenile. He’s kind of a sassy horse. He’s been known to train when he feels like it, but certainly shows up for the race. With his veteran jockey, consistent money finishes on his resume, and can run on a wet surface, Classic Empire lands on the top of my list. Besides all that, he’s American Pharaoh’s little brother. So the pedigree is perfect.
SUPERMAN 10 Resin Action Figure Officially Licensed silverina Release RareDC Comics 2003 Batman Joker Robin 6 Inch Action Figures Collectibles NEW
McCracken (5-1): McCracken finished third in his last race behind Practical Joke and Irap in the Bluegrass, but again, he didn’t need to win because he was already in with his win in the Sam F. Davis Stakes. Until the Bluegrass, McCracken was undefeated, and veteran jockey Brian Hernandez, Jr. has been with him from the first race.Collectible Acrylic Figurine Art To Print Young Spirou (34cm)
Filling out the Superfecta:
Always Dreaming (5-1): Three wins in a row for Always Dreaming since veteran jock Johnny Velazquez took over, but only one graded stakes win, the Florida Derby, which he needed to get to Churchill Downs. A veteran rider, but little graded stakes experience and no races on a wet track. However, he’s been training well at Churchill and has put in some impressive bullet works since he arrived.
VAMPIRELLA RARE REVERSE VARIANT ACTION FIGURE SEALED MOC HARRIS COMICS MOOREARROW TV SERIES BOOKEND STATUE NEW STEPHEN AMELL IN HANDHUGE LOT OF 10 STAR WARS Expanded Universe 3D Imperial Sentinel PLUS Kenner N215
Thunder Snow (20-1):ARTFX+ DC Comics Justice League SUPERMAN 1 10 PVC Figure KOTOBUKIYA NEW This is the European entry. Entering the gates as a multiple graded stakes winner in Europe with extremely impressing speed figures, but has no American racing experience and has ran most of his races at sprint distances. The check mark on this horse goes to the connections and that the fields in Europe are bigger than they are here. The UAE Derby, which Thunder Snow won, had 15 entries. He will not be shy of the 20 in the gate.
State of Honor (30-1): I wanted to make this horse my superfecta filler, but he has one knock: His jockey, Jose Lezcano. Julien Leparoux has been on State of Honor for his last four races, which were stakes races, and in which State of Honor finished on the board all four times. But, Leparoux is also the jockey for Classic Empire. (What a choice?) This Mark Casse trainee gets a definite look and will be taking superfecta money come post time.
Practical Joke (20-1) was doing fine until he got into races with the other Derby contenders then he couldn’t seem to get around Gunnevera, Classic Empire or Irap. He has no wet surface races, doesn’t like the distance or the crowds.
- THE COLLECTORS SHOWCASE CIVIL WAR UNION ARTILLERY SET MIB
- SCHABAK MODELL FORD SIERRA SAPPHIRE GHIA-blueE IN 1 25 SCALE- MODEL CODE 1511
- K'Nex 78750 Kid Group Set
- 1995 Latrell Sprewell Starting Lineup Reverse Torso Error GS Warriors SLU
- Action Force GI Joe Cobra STORM SHADOW Figure Hasbro Vintage 100% MINT 1988
- Warner Bredhers Rare Vintage 1999 Batman Harley Quinn Poison Ivy Riddler Plush
- DRAGON 6657 1 35 VK.45.02 TIGER (P)H
- Tamiya 58452 Sand Scorcher Radio Control RC Kit WITH Tamiya ESC Unit Car
- Stretch Joker Release Him He Uses His Amazing Stretch To Slowly Return NEW BRAND
- 1 12 Sun Star VW SAMBA BUS DIE CAST MODEL 888 PCS LIMITED
- Matchbox Moko No 63 is the Army Commer ambulance VNMB
- Schuco 1 43 Scale Diecast 03334 - VW T2a Feuerwehr Furth
- LEGO Creator Carousel 2017 (10257)
- Hasbro Transformers SIEGE WFC-S1S3 Battle Masters Firedriver+Lionizer+Blowpipe
- Tokyo Marui Electric Gun BOYs Series 18mm Rail Zoom Scope FDE From Japan 0664
- Marvel Falcon Marvel Sixth Scale Figure 1 6 AVENGERS SEALED
- Warhammer Age of Sigmar Warriors of Chaos Marauder Horsemen 107
- Roden 1 35 KrAZ-214B Plastic Model Kit
- FLY A14 Venturi 600 - Le Mans 1994 New New
- 4X Racerstar 2406 BR2406S Green Edition 2300KV 2-5S Brushless Motor For X220 250
- Official tournament size 8ft beer pong table beer-pong.eu